Wednesday, 23 March 2011



Samples based on spiderswebs, but enlarged as a play on scale:

Sample development

I developed my print samples into this long print, about 2m in length, the transfer print has been repeated throughout, with the ink fading out as the print goes on. The knit sample used in the print also transferred some ink creating a background print aswell.

Saturday, 19 March 2011

Time is running out...

We have about a week and a half left before the hand in date and the workload just gets heavier. After monday's crit I felt energised and excited about getting on with my final pieces, full of ideas from my peers and tutors, I was ready to just get my head down and work non-stop for the next couple of weeks. However, about 3 days later I realised just how much work there is to do and began to question just how much can one person do. Hasn't been a good week in terms of getting work done; knitting takes ages, Harrow and Romford are really far apart, St Patricks night is the most depressing night to work on, tutors can easily destroy my work timetables, chains are really hard to knit, and sheep are damn hard to get hold of. Oh and I still haven't had responses from two Unis which is basically preventing me from concentrating on anything for more than 2 minutes as I now check my emails obsessively, I hope they realise how cruel they're being....

Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Working to the body

I decided to place my larger samples to the body to see how they work as fashion samples. This also develops the idea of scale.

This last sample reminds me of this designers work:

Hanako Narahiri

yay for happy coincidences!


Some pages/samples from my research sketchbook:

I have also been fighting with this sample for a couple of weeks now, as it was huge and so difficult knit, it is made from 1.5mm foam rod:

Knit Prints

I decided to bring some of my larger knit samples back to 2D to see how they work as prints. I made a number of transfer prints using photocopies of my samples and actual knit samples too.